It's a Date - Community Events
- “Curling 101” for adults who have never tried curling. Glanford Curling Club, 2091 Homestead Drive, Mount Hope. 7 to 9 p.m. $20. More info: glanfordcurling.com
Thursday, October 12
- WHGH Aux Smorgasboard, 12 p.m., Presbyterian Church, Main St., Jarvis. Advance tickets only, $14. Call Jo-Ann Duns at 905-768-5919.
Friday, October 13
- Case United Church euchre night, 6180 White Church Rd. E., Mount Hope. Lunch provided. $5.
Saturday, October 14
- Cayuga United Church annual roast beef dinner and auction. Cayuga Kinsmen Hall, social 5 p.m., buffet 6 p.m., live auction 8 p.m. Tickets $20, advanced tickets only. Beer and wine. 905-772-3679.
Sunday, October 15
- Wesley United Church in Jarvis, 159th anniversary. 11 a.m. Special guest speaker Rev Gary Patterson.
Thursday, October 19
- First fall Stepping Stones Grief Support Group meeting. Every Thursday til November 30, 7 to 9 p.m., second floor sunroom at Dunnville Hospital. Info call 289-209-8322. Free.
- Introduction to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias at Dunnville Health Cottage, 322 Broad St. W., 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Four week series. Register: 905-229-2035.
- DHS program, 7 p.m. at Optimist Hall. Lester Fretz on raised garden beds. Fall flower and vegetable show.
Friday, October 20
- DHCVA, “Moonlight on the Grand” dinner at Lifespan Community Centre. Cocktails & silent auction, 6 p.m. Dinner catered by Twisted Lemon, 7 p.m. Tickets $80 pp. Info firstname.lastname@example.org. A fundraiser for the new emergency department of Haldimand War Memorial Hospital.
- Canboro Firefighters Perch Dinner. Doors open 6 p.m., dinner 7 p.m. Canboro Community Centre, 7 Darling St. Adults $25, kids $10, under 5 free. Takeout available from 5 to 6:30 p.m., $20. Info: 905-929-8570.
- Canfield Marketplace at Canfield Hall, 50 Talbot Rd. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 20-plus vendors, bake sale, lunch.
- Fall Affair at Grace United Church, 18 Chapman St. W., Port Dover, 8 a.m. to noon. New features, “Oh Canada, Eh” table, cake walk, rummage sale, penny table, 50/50. Finish off in the Harvest Cafe.
- Masquerade Gala for Caledonia Ag Society and Rotary. Dinner, dancing, silent auction. $100 pp, table 8-10 save $50. 905-765-6861.
- Country Harvest roast beef dinner, Hagersville United Church, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. $15 adults, 5-12 $7, under free. Family style. 905-768-5919.
- Concert for Foodgrains Bank to aid world hunger. Grace United Church, Broad St. Dunnville. 7 p.m. Donations matched by government.
- Kohler Craft Show by Kohler WI and Anglican Church, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Haldimand Agricultural Centre, 1084 Kohler Rd., Cayuga. Various crafts, baked goods, soup and sandwiches. Admission $1
Sunday, October 22
- Caledonia Presbyterian Church Community Spaghetti Supper, 117 Argyle St. N. 5 to 7 p.m. $12 adults, $5 10 and under, family discount. For advance tickets: 905-765-4524.
Wednesday, October 25
- Dunnville Heritage Assc.: 100 Years of Halloween in Dunnville. 7 p.m. Grandview Lodge auditorium, 657 Lock St. W. Halloween from 1880s to 1980s. Costumes optional. Free admission, donations accepted.
Thursday, October 26
- Curator Karen Richardson on “Haldi-mand County Connections - Celebrating Canada’s 150th Birthday” followed by North Erie Shore Historical Society AGM. 7:30 p.m. Selkirk Hall. Info: 905-776-3319.
Friday, October 27
- Caledonia Legion Halloween Kar-aoke Party, 9:30 p.m. Prizes for best costume and vocals. Judging 10 p.m.
- Seasoned Souls potluck dinner at Wesley United Church, 19 Church St., Jarvis. Bring a favourite main dish or dessert. Dinner 6 p.m., entertainment 7 p.m.
- Euchre Party, Marburg Hall, 1345 Lynn Valley Rd., Pt. Dover. 7:30 p.m. Admission $3.
Saturday, October 28
- St. Stephen’s Parish Bazaar. New time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Stephen's Parish Hall, 25 Ottawa St. S., Cayuga. Penny table, crafts, baked goods, etc. Hot Lunch provided.
- Frank’s Seafood Dinner & Down East Entertainment. All you can eat seafood chowder, salad, dessert, tea/coffee. 6 p.m. St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 27 Orkney St. E., Caledonia. Tickets $20, call 905-977-7619.
- Case United Church roast beef dinner and live auction, 6180 White Church Rd. E., Mount Hope. 6 p.m. Adults $20, 6-12 $10, under 6 free. Tickets call 905-679-6184.
- St. Paul’s ACW fall bazaar, 233 Lock St. W., Dunnville, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Habitat Haldimand’s Seed to Tree workshop on how, where and why of growing native shrubs and trees. 1 to 3 p.m. at Taquanyah, 870 Townline Rd. W., Cayuga. Free. Dress warmly. Info call 905-774-7845, after 5 at 905-772-3706.
- Dance to the music of Don Edwards and the Country Ramblers, Caledonia United Church, 8 to 11 p.m. $10. Bring cookies to share.
- Dunnville Legion Halloween Dance, 8 p.m., 305 Queen St. Country, rock, blues, jazz and more. 905-774-5942.
- Dunnville Hunters & Anglers perch dinner, 237 McLaughlin Rd. 5:30 to 7 p.m. $20 pp. Reservations only, call 905-774-1138/7695.
- Dunnville Fire Station #9 will be open to visitors from 6 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m.
Wednesday, November 1
- Messy Church at Grace United, 174 Caithness St. E., Caledonia. Food, fun and faith for all ages. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Info: graceunitedcaledonia.com.
Thursday, November 2
- Canfield UC Turkey Supper, Canfield Hall, 5 p.m. Adults $18, 6-12 $8, under 5 free.Tickets: 905-774-8210.
Saturday, November 4
- Balmoral United Church Novemberfest, 9 a..m. to 1 p.m. 3684 Hwy. 3 by Nelles Corners. Crafts, baking, white elephant, touch and take, door prizes. Lunch available.
Sunday, November 5
- Remembrance church service/parade in Selkirk. Meet at fire hall, noon.
- Remembrance Presbyterian church service/parade, Jarvis, 1:45 p.m.
Saturday, November 11
- Snowflake bazaar at Grace United Church, 301 Broad St. E., Dunnville, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Featuring: silent auction, knitted items, baked goods, crafts, jewellery and more. Enjoy a snack or lunch in our Kountry Kafe. Contact: 905-774-4504.
- Hagersville Legion Remembrance Day service 10:30 a.m. at branch, parade to cenotaph. Vet appreciation lunch to follow. All welcome.
Friday, November 17 & Saturday, November 18
- 18th Along the Grand Christmas Tour of Homes & Bazaar. Grace United Church, 174 Caithness St. E., Caledonia. Friday Bazaar 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tours 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday bazaar 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., tours 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tours $12. Info: 289-284-1097 or graceunitedcaledonia.com.
Saturday, November 18
- Hagersville Lions Christmas bazaar, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free entry, donations welcome. Numerous local artisans and vendors, Christmas demonstration booth, refreshments, 50/50 draw and more. At HSS, 70 Parkview Rd., Hagersville.
- Cayuga Seniors Christmas Bazaar, 14 McKay St., Cayuga. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bake and preserves table, silent auction, draws, lunch available. Info: 905-772-5414.
Friday, November 24
- Haldimand Curling Club “Learn to Curl” at Cayuga Arena, 6:45 p.m. start. Limited spots. Info/RSVP:email@example.com
Saturday, November 25
- Christmas Craft and Bake Sale at St. Paul's Anglican Church, 27 Orkney St., Caledonia, 12 to 4 p.m. Christmas baking, pottery, knitting, jewellery, treasure table and unique crafts for sale. For further information contact 905-765-0786.
Wednesday, November 29
- Springvale United Church Stop N’ Shop. Christmas baking tray sale. 6 to 9 p.m. Info: 905-768-5641/3910.
Saturday, December 2
- Parkview Meadows Christmas Bazaar, 72 Town Centre Drive, Townsend, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Christmas crafts/decor, bake sale, poinsettias and more! All welcome.