It's a Date - Community Events
To submit your community event to the It's A Date calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form at the bottom of our Contact Us page here.
Thursday, June 15
- Paint Nite at Caledonia Legion at 7 p.m. Sign-up now! www.paintnite.com/events/_1188474. Bring a friend, enjoy some wine and have fun!
- BBQ Chicken Dinner from 5-7 pm at St. John the Divine Anglican Church, Cayuga. Adults-$15, Youth (6-12)-$8. Raindate is Friday, June 16.
- The grand opening of the GrandErie Garden Centre will be held at 7 p.m. Cost is $5, and all proceeds will be going toward the Dunnville Horticultural Society. Mark Cullen, a well-known gardener, will be at the event.
- Haldimand Abilities Centre, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Speaker: Hamilton Spectator Motherlode Columnist Lorraine Sommerfield presents Coping with Life Changes.
Friday, June 16
- Perch Fish Fry featuring Lake Erie Yellow Perch, fries, coleslaw and dessert from 5 to 7 p.m. at Mt. Zion United Church (Renton). Adults: $20; Children (5-11yrs) $10. Advance tickets only: 519-420-9607.
- Wrestling returns to Hagersville! 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Hagersville Community Centre. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., Belltime is 8 p.m. Old school wrestling and fun for the whole family. General admission. All ages $15.
Saturday, June 17
- Gigantic Indoor Yard Sale at Faith Centennial United Church, 28 Main St. W., Selkirk. 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. All proceeds send kids to Ryerson United Church Camp. More info: 905-776-3082.
- Cottonwood Mansion, Selkirk will be hosting a High Tea-Downton Abbey Style at 1:30 pm. Victorian Costumes would be appreciated but are not required. Reservations required on or before June 10th by calling 905-776-2538 or email email@example.com. Adults $20, Children 12 and under $10 and Pre-Schoolers are free.
- Royal Canadian Caledonia Legion Br. 154 Fish Fry from 5:30-7 pm. $15. Everyone welcome.
- Canada 150 Birthday Celebration at the Cayuga Museum and Archives from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Registration is not required and the event is free for all to attend. Learn about Haldimand history through live re-enactments, musical entertainment by Ian Bell and a historic fashion show (1 p.m.).
- The Annual Fish Fry at the Rainham Centre Hall, 259 Kohler Road. Sittings at 5 and 6:15 p.m. Tickets are on sale by members or by contacting Craig Yager at 905-776-2478.
Sunday, June 18
- Caledonia Presbyterian Church is presenting a concert at 6:30 p.m. featuring the Music Amateurs Choir from Tobago together with Caledonia Presbyterian Church Senior Choir led by JR and Cherie Richard, former members of the Music Amateurs Choir. A freewill offering will be accepted.
Monday, June 19
- Dunnville Legion general meeting at 6:30 pm at the Dunnville Legion, 305 Queen Street. For information, call 905-774-5942.
Wednesday, June 21
- Cayuga Kinsmen Pasta Dinner at the Cayuga Kinsmen Community Centre. $10 all you can eat. Children under 5 are free. Dinner served from 5-7 pm. For information, call 905-928-8758.
- Annual Strawberry Supper from 5-7 pm at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Jarvis. $15-adults, $7-children 6-12, under 6 is free and family (2 adults and 2 children)-$40. For takeout, call 519-587-2543 (in-town only)
- 56th annual “Penny” Sale of the Dunnville Health Centre Volunteer Association, 160 Queen St. Proceeds go to the Dunnville Hospital Emergency Department.
Thursday, June 22
- Haldimand Abilities Centre, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Speaker: Susan Roach presents Aging and Mental Health.
- The Haldimand Horticultural Society with guest speaker Irene Velhuis. Learn about creative planters for your garden at 7:30 p.m., St. Paul’s Anglican Church Hall, 27 Orkney St. East, Caledonia.
Friday, June 23
- “Show Time” at Hagersville United Church, 7:30 p.m. Featuring Dennis DeYoung of Styx with 70 live musicians. Adults only. Freewill offering.
- Progressive euchre party at Marburg Hall, 1345 Lynn Valley Rd., Pt. Dover at 7:30 p.m.. Admission is $3.
Saturday, June 24
- Senior Support Services of Dunnville is hosting their sixth annual Blooms and Bubbly Garden Tour & Wine Tasting. Join us for entertainment by Evermile and tastings by Bains Road Cider. Tickets are $12 each. Call Senior Support at 905-774-3005 for tickets.
- 18th Annual Poultryfest at West Niagara Agricultural Centre. Family fun events all day long. Kira Isabella on stage at 8:30 p.m. Canada Day fireworks display to follow. More info at poultryfest.ca.
Sunday, June 25
- The 135th Anniversary of Hagersville Baptist Church. 11 am-The Lifted Up singers and 6 pm-The Trademark Trio. For information, call 905-768-1090.
Tuesday, June 27
- Springvale United Church Strawberry supper from 4-7 pm. Adults-$15, under 12-$5 and preschool is free. Takeout available. Call 905-768-3910, 768-5641 for tickets.
- A DVA visit for the Dunnville Legion at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 305 Queen St. For more information call 905-774-5942.
Thursday, June 29
- Annual Strawberry Social fundraiser hosted by Parksview Meadows Christian Retirement Village, 72 Town Centre Drive Townsend at 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. All proceeds go directly to the resident recreation programming.
- The Dunnville Public Library is hosting a Summer Book Sale during the regular library hours. For information call the library at 289-674-0400 ext. 3. Donations to the library are welcome. Come out and find your new favourite book!
Seasoned Souls dinner and entertainment for seniors 55-plus years. Mystery Dinner, $8/person. At Wesley United Church, Jarvis. Dinner 6 p.m., Entertainment 7 p.m. Call Pat at 519-587-3274 to RSVP.
Saturday, July 8
- The 21st Annual Kids Fishing Derby for anyone aged 2-16, at 1407 Brant County Hwy 54. Registration is open 9-1. Contact Julia Thurston at 905-515-5855 for more information.
Saturday, August 12
- 12th Annual Jenna Rose Stark Memorial Golf Tournament at Greens at Renton. 12 noon shotgun. Call 289-527-6057 for information.
Saturday, September 9
- Swing Under The Wings! Dinner/Dance/Silent Auction 1940’s style. Be entertained by the Swing Shift Band from Toronto and kick your heels to the Lindy Hop after a lesson! What a great way to continue celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday. This event is hosted by the Dunnville Rotary, By The Willow and East Haldimand Hospice Inc. Follow us on our website as the event details unfold. www.bythewillow.com.
Thursday, October 5
- Turkey Dinner at Cheapside Community Hall from 5 - 7 p.m. Adults $15, Children (5 - 12) $7, Under 5 free. Take-out available. All proceeds benefit Life of the Hall. Cheapside Community Hall is located at 952 Conc. 2 Road, Cheapside. For tickets call 905-776-2762.